Friday, June 06, 2008

New Beginnings

Another year has whisked by with many new educational technology changes being put into place.

The DEG improved in speed, recently, and new features are making it ever easier to do the tasks we used to grudge over in the past. Many new improvments are in the works and teachers are generally pleased with the progress, albeit, slow progress that is being made. I am impressed with the patience teachers exhibit as they absorb every single bit of electron text I send as I report pro-active instructions, or reactive fixes to problems with the DEG.

The Apperson Scanners are another matter altogether. I encourage you read Nicole LaBeau's post on her own and department frustrations with the machines, especially during finals week. I could not write a better essay on this topic. I am hopeful that changes will be put in place either during the summer or during the coming school year.

I have more to write and will continue after I help my daughter get a truck to help her move out of my house to her own dwelling in Lincoln Park this Saturday!

1 comment:

N. LaBeau said...

Mike, I see and like the new page design. It comes through all pretty from my out of school link ups. Also, I am curious to learn what new tech bites will nibble at at our time this upcoming year. What does ICE have in store for us, too?