Thursday, April 02, 2009

A Salute to All Who Write and Love Poetry

I celebrate all those individuals who can write seemingly effortless lines of poetry as if their fingers were individual thesauruses working in unison to make words leap from a page. Poets, and all who write creatively, grab me, pull me in, and anchor me to their world. Gradually and languidly I fall into a dream state where I believe that I, too, can write a poem. This dream state is very special to me because poetry provides a spark of creativity while calming me into a peaceful state that helps balance my crazy technological world as well as my personal life when things don't seem to make sense.

Here is a little something I wrote this evening...

Smiles create poetic thoughts
As Life moves ever onward.

Onward ever moves Life
As thoughts poetic create smiles.


PicLits are fun to try, too!

PicLit from PicLits.com
See the full PicLit at PicLits.com

It's National Poetry Month. Will you carry a poem with you in your pocket everyday? Why do you love/write poetry? What moves you?

No comments: