Friday, September 05, 2008

Tablet Training

Several teachers came to the TLC or worked with Tech Coaches in other locations this week for tablet training. I am happy to say I've heard that teachers are generally happy with the information they learn. Are they sponges soaking up whatever we give them? Maybe leaky ones right now but repeated use of new techniques will help them retain what they learn. We all know this is a daunting task we face. Thanks, Tech Coaches, for making a difference! Let's hope these teachers go back to their departments and spread the word about their easy and enjoyable tablet training experiences!

I don't know about you but I seem to learn something new every time I help someone. I am hopeful this is a sign of the tablet learning/using/sharing culture being alive and well. Teachers are investigating on their own and discovering ways they can make the tablet do what they want it to do. For example, using the SnipIt! tool to encompass the entire IE7 window is a slick way to 'ink' on the Internet. (Normally, this can't be done with the standard inking tools like those found in MS Office.) Using SnipIt!, one can drag the + cursor over the open IE7 window to make a screen capture. That part won't be completed, however, until you tell SnipIt! what to do with the capture. So, ink away on the screen; just don't finish the capture unless you want to save it for a future use.

I had to trouble shoot an issue with a Word 2007 document all of a sudden not allowing inking. I found that if I save the document as a 97 - 2003 version, I was allowed to ink on it. I was also able to ink on the document if I then convert the 2003 version to a 2007 version. Very strange.

Please notice the new counter at the top right of the blog. Thanks to Nicole LaBeau for sharing that with me. Click on the link over there to go to the Easy-Hit-Counter.com site. Choose a counter and copy the code supplied. Go to the HTML/Java gadget and paste the code in the window that opens. Click OK and you are done!

That's it for now!

2 comments:

N. LaBeau said...

Hi, Mike,
Easycounter.com is another free counter site that supplies html for site counters. BUT, it also supplies data for the page, such as unique visitors vs. total hits, and the site provides data analysis like a graph of the hits. I put an easycounter on my e302 blog and will see how it goes.
Like you, I found it by accident.

Michael Bachrodt said...

Thanks, Nicole!

I went to easyhitcounter.com by mistake and found another site that provides statistics. This one also has a stealth mode counter. Eventually, I visited Easycounter.com site you wrote about! I like that site, too, and will try it on this blog. I think I'll put the counter at the bottom of this blog so I don't confuse users too much. I am very interested in the statistics you get for your E302 site.