Sunday, September 28, 2008

The TechSpot

New members continue to join the Fremd TechSpot wiki. New content is not really being added at this point, but I have this feeling people are wanting a place of collaborative ownership; somewhere to go to for quick help, general information, or to share their own educational technology tips and discoveries. I blogged a few weeks ago that OneNote can be that personal organizational tool that gets you going everyday. The Fremd TechSpot wiki, on the other hand, can be that place to wander with the comfort of knowing the information found there has been added by our colleagues both close to home and perhaps even in the neighborhood. Colleagues from PHS have caught wind of our wiki and have joined so they can help add to the knowledge base, too.

The wiki is taking on its own structure so be sure to follow it should you want to add a new page. I am promoting some of the more active Tech Coaches to the role of moderator as I know you will enjoy having more freedom to make changes as you see are needed.

Tablet tips will be archived at the Fremd Tech Spot wiki. Summaries of our monthly technology learnings will be kept there as well. I'll even try to do something with the tablet training topics. Less email is more and a more centralized location for information, beyond a static webpage, where true collaboration takes place, could be a welcome sigh of relief for us all.

I hope I'm 'getting' it. Please let me know.

No comments: